As part of the redevelopment of the website, and Council’s continued push to encourage visitors to ‘Make It Maitland’, we are seeking the input of a range of contributors to ensure that visitors to the site are always greeted with new and exciting content.
You will write unique and intriguing stories aimed at capturing the attention of potential visitors. Broad topics include (but are not limited to):
Places to eat and drinkc
Coverage of flagship events and making it a weekend in Maitland
Articles should reflect personal accounts or stories about your experiences in Maitland, and should be written in a fun, friendly and exciting tone. Our intention is to highlight the many wonderful things that Maitland has to offer visitors. The target audience are those within a 2.5 hour drive of Maitland.
Images should be clean and fresh, and capture vibrant colours where possible. Ideally, you will supply at least one quality image that represents the story.
If you are passionate about Maitland and are a confident writer/blogger we encourage you to apply.
- Articles must be original and no longer than 800 words
- You need to provide at least one image or short video relating to the topic
- All material must be provided on time as agreed
- Any material received may be edited by Maitland City Council.
- Maitland City Council has the right to use the material across multiple platforms unencumbered.
- All articles will link to an author page with a short bio and photograph
Please respond with a quote which includes:
- Do you have any relevant experience? If so, please attach (or link to) a sample of your work.
- Do you have knowledge and/or a passion relating to a particular area that may be of interest to visitors? For example, family and kids; outdoor adventures; food; art; sports…
- What is your availability and preference to write articles – monthly or quarterly?
- What do you charge? Please submit a quotation with your EOI that allows for the following:
- One original article no longer than 800 words
- Exclusivity for the first week of distribution
- At least one relevant image to accompany the article (without copyright issues)
Any questions should be directed to Simon Farrow, 02 4934 9819 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work to be performed: The topic will be agreed upon prior to material deadline. The Writer will then write and submit one blog article with at least one image or short video relating to the topic to Maitland City Council. Maitland City Council reserves the right to edit and abridge as necessary. The blog article and imagery will be published on mymaitland.com.au and may also be distributed via our social media channels and subscribers via a monthly enewsletter.
- Compensation: Maitland City Council agrees to pay an agreed fee for the blog article and any accompanying images. Maitland City Council has sole discretion to decide which article/s and photograph/s submitted by the Writer is/are to be published. The Writer will invoice Maitland City Council once they have received written acceptance of each article. In the event that Maitland City Council decides not to publish the agreed article as scheduled, it will pay the Writer the agreed fee. Maitland City Council will not pay the agreed fee if the article is not published because there was a conflict of interest or the article was deemed to be false, misleading, dishonest or not original.
- Original Content: The Writer warrants that the work is original, accurate, and does not infringe on any copyright.
- Copyright: All accepted content and imagery will become the property of Maitland City Council. Council claims exclusivity for a period of one week from date of publishing, after which the writer is permitted to publish the material via their own channels. Writers using the content via their own channels must provide a link to mymaitland.com.au
- Conflicts of Interest: The Writer will declare any conflicts of interest prior to agreeing a topic, ie also an owner of a restaurant. The Writer represents that they are free to enter into this Agreement and that this engagement does not violate the terms of any agreement between the Writer and any third party. During the term of this agreement, the Writer is expressly free to perform services for other parties while performing services for Maitland City Council. Maitland City Council is also free to engage several Writers.
- Insurance: The Freelance Writer will carry liability insurance relative to any service that they perform for Maitland City Council.